I found all of the narratives so interesting and varied. It seemed that so many came from ethnically diverse and foreign places to me. Seeing as I grew up in the North East in a small town with little diversity it was amazing to read so many stories of people who came from different places.
The post titled "Uncle" was one of my favorites, as my boyfriend had the same experience with his nephew. It is interesting how the addition of a family member can be so life altering. I enjoyed reading about how he grew up and was forced to mature when his nephew was born. I also liked the picture because it really illustrated how young he was when his nephew was born.
I also liked the post titled "Anita" because the story of a pregnant friend hit home with me too. It is true that you often are affected by experiences that your friends have. It was nice to see her support for her friend and how she put herself in her shoes as well. I thought that it was an experience that reaches out to many people and that is relatable.
The variety of stories that were offered was interesting and eye opening. I liked reading of other people's lives and seeing if there were any similarities from my type of experience to theirs. It is is nice to know that you have similar experiences as people that come from everywhere in the world. It was that reaffirmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment