The images in this photo essay is a little similar to mines, there was pictures of food & a floral background. Like mines I had a picture of and flower. Food is the main thing that shows up in this photo essay. I think it showed up a lot because maybe the person's family always cooks and they have parties that involve food. In addition maybe because food is something that shows which culture they come from therefore when eating the food they feel a sense of identity and home. These images tell me that the person feels a sense of home where they come from because it seems like the pictures are very positive.
This person's idea of home compares with the stereotypical idea of an American home because their background music and picture seems very peaceful and American homes are usually portrayed in that sense. Also the pictures of food show what kind of food they grew up with and how it makes them feel at home. This photo essay seems like home for the person is a very safe place. The idea of home from this photo essay has transformed my image of home because I didn’t really think of food as a way into a person's culture but after looking at this video I have. Some question this photo essay raises is that I was wondering is food the only thing that makes them feel at home? Are there some other things besides food?
Two paragraph response on this photo essay:
ReplyDeletehttp://animoto.com/play/fjQ0RkwQaF7nEP1jEFFYnQ
The images in this photo essay is a little similar to mines, there was pictures of food & a floral background. Like mines I had a picture of and flower. Food is the main thing that shows up in this photo essay. I think it showed up a lot because maybe the person's family always cooks and they have parties that involve food. In addition maybe because food is something that shows which culture they come from therefore when eating the food they feel a sense of identity and home. These images tell me that the person feels a sense of home where they come from because it seems like the pictures are very positive.
This person's idea of home compares with the stereotypical idea of an American home because their background music and picture seems very peaceful and American homes are usually portrayed in that sense. Also the pictures of food show what kind of food they grew up with and how it makes them feel at home. This photo essay seems like home for the person is a very safe place. The idea of home from this photo essay has transformed my image of home because I didn’t really think of food as a way into a person's culture but after looking at this video I have. Some question this photo essay raises is that I was wondering is food the only thing that makes them feel at home? Are there some other things besides food?
-Calvina Liu